Patricia G. Carden is City Clerk/Treasurer.
Contact the City Clerk's Office to:
- Present claims and other legal actions involving the City
- Apply for garbage fee exemption
- Obtain copy of City ordinances
- Present request for purchase of city-owned property
- Request to speak at City Council meeting
- Contact a City Council member or arrange for an appointment
- Obtain applications for City Boards
- Apply for annexation to City Limits
- Obtain yard sale permits
- Business Licenses
- Obtain Lake Howard fishing permits
Contact the City Clerk's office for information regarding:
- City Council districts and Council members
- Leases and contracts with the City
- City auctions, disposal of surplus property, etc.
- History of Sylacauga, form of government, etc.
City elections are managed by the City Clerk. For information regarding qualifying for city offices, voting records, absentee ballots, etc., call 256-401-2400.
Businesses operating in the city are required to obtain a license before doing business. For information on business license applications and applicable schedules and license fees, please contact the Revenue Office at 256-401-2409.
City Bid Information
The City of Sylacauga operates under the competitive bid law. To be added to the bid list, send your request along with a brief listing of items your company offers to City Clerk, City of Sylacauga, P.O. Box 390, Sylacauga, AL 35150-0629.